Wednesday, April 9, 2008

...




This is a strange time.
2 things I'm glad for:
1: my taxes are fucking DONE.

2: I'm experiencing a creativity spurt, which is like
life itself to me. The most miserable and close to suicide I've ever
been was during times when I couldn't create something.
I have to be somewhat miserable in order to be inspired.
So I make something. Something probably laughable or plain hideous by
everyone else's standards. No matter. Just getting it out
and into tangibly visible form... it's almost like any other
bodily function. You can't just suppress it without consequence.
It's basically an involuntary ecaculation of condensed thought vapor.
Then,... again, much like bodily functions, you feel better.
The problem is, miserable doesn't automatically and always = inspiration.
When you are both miserable AND uninspired.. those are tough times.

"Thought vomit" has a nice ring to it.

No comments: