Saturday, July 25, 2009

Too much CSI...

I was downtown with some friends Thursday night walking around. At some point I lost my pocket knife but don't recall when or where. I've carried this knife for 3 years, every single day, every time I leave the house. It's a Kershaw Scallion. Blade is 2.25 inches long. Good little knife. Looked for it at home, my friend looked at her house to no avail.
Then I start worrying that some methhead is going to pick it up and use it on somebody. It's highly unlikely that this would happen, and the blade is tiny, but this is how my brain works. Today I called the cops to explain this and at least maybe have it on record that I lost it on Thursday, a description of the knife, etc.. The cop was actually laughing at me. He said "can it be traced back to you?" I said, well, I'm fairly certain my prints are on it. More laughing. "Sir, I'm not going to take any of this down.. if it were a wallet, I'd report it. Thank you, goodbye!"
This should have nullified my concern, but it doesn't. I don't think I'll carry a knife anymore unless I'm in the woods.

No comments: